We use “cookies” as a fundamental part of our interaction with your Internet browser. The purpose is to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective website.
A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our webpage servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
We allocate a cookie to each Internet browser that visits the farmSPEC website. This cookie does not allow us to collect personally identifiable information about you. We use this cookie:
• to determine if you have previously visited the farmSPEC website;
• to identify pages you have accessed and Third-Party Sites you have accessed;
• for marketing purpose; and
• for administrative and security purposes.
HOW WE HANDLE EMAIL
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
farmSPEC regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although farmSPEC strives to protect such information, farmSPEC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own systems.
“Information we collect:
Account/User: Name, email address and contact details
1. We only collect, store and process limited personal information, which personal information we source directly from you. No personal information
will be abused, misused or recycled and all personal information will be processed in terms of POPI and our internal POPIA Policy.
2. we may use this information to enforce our legal rights;
3. it is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
4. it may be shared with professional service providers like accountants and legal practitioners.
5. we retain this information as long as you use our products or services and for at least one year after your last order as required by the
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2005.
Business listing: Name, email address and contact details
1. it is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
1. We do not have access to your financial information via our website.
2. All personal information relating to financial information will be treated as highly confidential by the Consultancy and shall always be
accompanied by the necessary consent or legal provisions.
Children’s personal information:
1. We do not have access to your children’s personal information.
2. All material efforts will be taken by the Consultancy to ensure that no children’s personal information is unlawfully and irresponsibly collected,
stored or processed and is done strictly in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
Website usage information
1. we may record how and when you use our website, products and services; your IP address; and cookie data;
2. throughout our website it is collected automatically to limit the number of submissions you can make to our site, to protect our site from security
threats, and to help us to improve user experience
3. it may be stored in Cookies on your computer (you may disable cookies in your browser but aspects of our website, products or services may stop
4. it is stored at our hosting provider (who is POPI compliant or is governed by a substantially similar privacy legislation to South Africa).
5. we retain this information indefinitely.
Our website uses Google Analytics which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google automatically collects Cookie and website Usage Data and uses it to track and examine the use of www.popi-compliance.co.za <http://www.popi-compliance.co.za> , to prepare reports and share them with other Google services. Google does not associate your IP address with the usage information it collects. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Google is based in the US and uses EU Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer online advertising and measurement personal data out of the
We employ a variety of security measures to safeguard your personal information including authentication and encryption (salting, hashing and
Right to access and rectify your information:
1. You may remove your contact details from our newsletter mailing list or any other further marketing by unsubscribing or informing the Consultancy via email.
2. You may access and update your business information by logging in to the product or service you purchased from us.
Right to object
1. you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act s11(3)
2. You may object by sending an email to our offices with the subject line: “POPIA”
Right to complain
1. you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (or directly to us on ( insert company email address ) ):